Contact us

There are several options available if you would like to obtain additional information, or voice your thoughts and opinions.

Note: For questions regarding study permits, work permits, visas or immigration, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. If you are in Canada, please call the Citizenship and Immigration hotline at 1-888-242-2100.


If you are unable to find information on a program or service on our websites, or have questions about Canada’s foreign and trade policies, or involvement in international organizations, our enquiries service can assist you.


  • 1-800-267-8376 (toll-free in Canada)
  • 613-944-4000 (in the National Capital Region and outside Canada)


  • 613-996-9709


  • 613-944-1310
  • 1-800-394-3472 (toll-free from the U.S. and Canada only)

Having trouble contacting us?

Global Affairs Canada has changed from its 30-year-old phone system to a new Voice over IP (VoIP) or IP Telephone system. As a result, we now are using the new National Capital Region (NCR) area code “343”. All new Global Affairs Canada phone numbers in the NCR are now 343 with the new “203” prefix.

There may be cases where private telephone systems across Canada have not yet been programmed to recognize this new “343” area code and “203” prefix. If you have problems phoning us, please contact your local phone line provider and ask them to ensure that your phone system allows you to call 343-203 numbers. You may provide them with the phone number of +1-343-203-0100 as a test line; this is our voice mail line and it will be answered 24/7.

Write to

Enquiries Service (LOS)
Global Affairs Canada
125 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, ON
K1A 0G2

If you wish to receive documents by mail, do not forget to include your full postal address.